What are form Signatures?
The signature widget allows you to capture the signature of the person completing the form. It is important to note that the electronic signature is legally binding – we collect the following information for the user signing a form:
- IP Address
- Browser Type & Version
- Operating System
- Date & Time Stamp
- The signature is saved in RAW format and in Picture format.
How do use the Signature widget?
Once you have created the form just follow the instructions below.
- Click on “Add” Button and select “Signature” and a pop up will open
- Give it a “Label” – this will be displayed on the form according to the Form’s default position
The new signature widget will be added to the first page, at the top (in super position). If you want to set the signature to an embedded object, just drag and drop the field to the Related Object section and the collected signature will be signed against the relevant related object.
- Embed multiple signatures
- Make signatures required at the time of creation
- Make signatures required/not required through the rule engine (look at this article)
- Set signature to related object
- Pre-fill signature – if a form was saved as draft, the form user will be able to view the signature they provided at the time of submission to draft.
- Signature widgets added to a related object will save against the newly created related record. This means that if you have a signature widget added to a repeatable object, the user creating a new instance of that record will be able to save a signature against the respective record. This works for both Lookups and Child Records.