What is form styling?
3B Forms allows you to add custom styling to forms by either light Field Customisation or by completely overhauling the form layout. This is usually achieved in one of 2 ways:
- Disabling Bootstrap and adding your own styles via CSS
- Keeping Bootstrap and applying small layout changes via CSS
Form styling is different than Customizing the product with CSS because the styles only will apply to the built form presented to the end user.
Here are some examples of what you can do with the ability to apply custom CSS styles to forms:
- Brand forms – add your company logo, add your company colors
- Standardize forms, so they look like like your website – this is especially useful when creating forms that will be embedded on your website
Setting up custom styles
Follow the below instructions to create custom styles
Once you have selected a custom style, it will be applied to the form and you can see a preview of what the form will look like in the Form Builder
You can opt out of using Bootstrap infrastructure to create truly custom forms. This method is only really applicable for those of you who have a lot of experience with CSS as you will be starting with a blank canvas.
To switch off Bootstrap follow these instructions:
- Open a form in the form builder
- Expand the Advanced Settings section
- Check off the checkbox “Use Bootstrap”